Omeprazole 20mg + Domperidone 10mg
Use of Olzep -D:
- Nausea Or VomitingOlzep D 10Mg/20Mg Capsule is used to treat or prevent nausea and vomiting which may be caused due to chemotherapy or digestive system disorder.
- Gastric Motility DisordersOlzep D 10Mg/20Mg Capsule is also used in the treatment of gastric motility disorders which may include delayed or hastened emptying of stomach.
100 in stock
Olzep D 10Mg/20Mg Capsule, a part of the dopamine antagonists group of drugs, prevents the tendency of vomiting and nausea in people suffering from gastrointestinal problems and also those who take certain medicines for Parkinson’s disease. The medicine tightens the muscles near the entrance of the stomach and relaxes the ones present at the exit. This action helps to speed up the passing of the food that you intake – from your stomach to your intestine, reducing the feeling of nausea and sickness, also preventing vomiting. It can also block, or reduce stimulation in the ‘vomiting centre’ of your brain, which will eventually reduce the feeling of nausea and vomiting.
Olzep D 10Mg/20Mg Capsule is a part of the drug group known as dopamine antagonists. It can be used for treating the slow passage of food in your gastrointestinal tract, generally associated with gastritis or diabetes. For people suffering from this condition, Olzep D 10Mg/20Mg Capsule can treat the symptoms of vomiting, nausea, bloating and feeling full. Apart from that, it can also prevent vomiting and nausea that is associated with Parkinson’s disease. The medication works by emptying your stomach quickly, reducing nausea. It also reduces or blocks stimulation in the part of the brain called the ‘vomiting centre’. The nerve messages coming from your gut will be suppressed and the feeling of nausea and vomiting is prevented. It is available in tablet or suspension form and has to be taken orally.
The usual dose of Olzep D 10Mg/20Mg Capsule is 10 mg, which is generally taken 15-30 minutes prior to your meals. The maximum dose that is recommended for adults is 30 mg. The dose that would suit your body depends on your body weight, other medicines that you are currently taking and your health condition. Ensure that you take Olzep D 10Mg/20Mg Capsule only in that amount as instructed by the doctor. In case you miss a dose, you can take it later. However, do not take two doses together to make up for the previous one that has been missed. Overdose can cause disorientation, light-headedness, losing muscle or balance control or difficulty in talking.
You are advised not to take Olzep D 10Mg/20Mg Capsule if you have the following conditions:
- An allergy to Olzep D 10Mg/20Mg Capsule or any other ingredient of this medicine
- Bleeding problems or blockage in your stomach or in the intestine
- Tumour in the pituitary gland
- Cardiac disease
- Incorrect levels of magnesium, potassium or calcium in the blood
- Severe/moderate liver impairment
The possible side effects of taking Olzep D 10Mg/20Mg Capsule can be diarrhea, headache, migraine, dryness of the mouth or breast pain. These side effects are not very common and go away in a few days. If not, you can consult your doctor. Apart from these, you must seek medical attention at once and stop taking Olzep D 10Mg/20Mg Capsule if you experience any of the following side effects:
- Irregularity in heart beat
- A feeling of dizziness or faintness
- Difficulty in breathing, swelling of the throat or the face
- Menstrual irregularities
- Discharge of breast milk from the nipple
- Swelling of breasts in males
Information given here is based on the salt content of the medicine. Uses and effects of the medicine may vary from person to person. It is advisable to consult a Gastroenterologist before using this medicine.